CFPG has been hosting monthly bike rides to local beer gardens the last couple of months, which has led to a couple of new bike purchases. Let's learn how to properly maintain these beautiful machines so they can provide us with years of fun.
Coach Caesar will be putting on a bike clinic that will introduce you to the difference parts of a bike and will also cover basic maintenance and repairs.
The clinic will encompass the following topics:
- Overview of basic bike components
- How to fix a flat tire
- How to adjust your brakes
- How to adjust your derailers
- How to properly remove and replace your wheels
- How to clean your bike
- How to lube your bike components
- What to do if you break a spoke in the middle of a ride
- Basic tools you should carry with you at all times on a ride
- Proper helmet fitting
- How to properly lock your bike
- Valuable resources to learn more about bikes
- Other questions members have
If possible, please bring the following items with you:
- 2 tire levers
- mutli-purpose bike tool
- set of allen wrenches
- adjustable wrench
- spare tube
- old rags
- hand gloves
- old tooth brush
- bike helmet
This is meant to be a hands on clinic. Bring your bike to learn and practice on throughout the clinic. If you don't have a bike, no worries, there is a ton of value listening and watching. Feel free to invite family and friends.
Don't forget our next beer garden ride is the following day on 8/14.